Tadpole is designed for students learning to read. With official F&P levels of A-E and ATOS levels of 0.5-0.9, Tadpole books are the perfect first nonfiction reading experience.
Developed to support reading instruction, each book features predictable and repetitive text patterns and includes high-frequency and familiar content words. Age-appropriate subjects, vibrant photographs, and thoughtfully crafted text help the youngest students learn to read their very first nonfiction books.
Tadpole also offers a “Tools for Teachers” page at the beginning of every book, which includes:
- Skills to teach: punctuation, text type, phonics, high-frequency and content words
- Before and After reading activities
- Curriculum connections
Click here to view all Tadpole Books!
- Reading Level: Grade PreK-K
- Interest Level: Grade PreK-1
- ATOS Level: 0.5–0.9
- F&P: A-E
- Word Count: ~60
- Pages: 16
- Trim: 6.5″ x 9″
- Table of Contents
- Words to Know
- Close photo/text match
- Consistent text placement on the page
- “Tools for Teachers” offering supports for reading instruction