Over 600 Brainstorm titles are available as eBooks known as “flip books.” Our flip book format accurately replicates the print experience for readers and works seamlessly with desktop and laptop computers, as well as tablet devices. In addition to being accessible on many devices, all of our eBooks are sold as 5 year, multi-user titles so every title is accessible for every student. This gives you the flexibility to use our titles on almost any device you need for any student who needs it.
How to Purchase
In order to view our eBooks, please click the eBooks tab located under the Brainstorm logo on the homepage. Add eBooks to your cart, then either check-out, or print and fax us your order. After we have received your order, we will e-mail you a short form to fill out. This form will require your contact information as well as usernames and passwords you would like to access your titles. Once you have filled out this form and sent it back to us, we will prepare your ebooks and send you your official credentials to access your new titles.
How Do I Access my eBooks?
All of Brainstorm’s eBooks are hosted by Big Timber Media. Big Timber is a digital center whose mission is to support and provide eBooks to schools and libraries. You can access your eBooks by going to http://my.bigtimbermedia.com and entering your unique username and password at the login page. This will give you easy access to your school’s digital library. There are also options available to let students avoid going to Big Timber or having to log-in in with a username and password. These two options are IP Authentication and Referring URL Authentication, which you can choose when filling out the contact information form.
What Do You Mean by IP Authentication?
An IP address is a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g., computer, printer) participating in a computer network. If we add your school’s IP address to your account, students who access your Brainstorm library from the school building will automatically be logged in and will not have to enter a username and password. This is a great option for schools that have eBook links available online, but not on a password-protected site.
- IP authentication is not an access option for schools in districts that use a shared public IP address. If you are unsure, please consult your technical staff.
- IP authentication does not work remotely (from home).
What do you mean by Referring URL Authentication?
If your school has a secure password-protected site, we can put the URL of your site on our list of approved URLs. Then, any time a student clicks on a Big Timber hosted link from your site, regardless of whether she or he is at school or at home, the student will be automatically logged in.
- The referring URL must be a password-protected site that is accessible only by students that attend your school building or patrons of your library branch. Our books are sold as a site-license and cannot be accessed by other schools in your district.
- Table of contents
- Keyword search
- Add bookmarks
- Zooming, thumbnail and full screen viewing capabilities
- Slideshow functionality (pages turn for you)
- iOS Compatible including the iPad, iPhone, iPod;
- Android-based devices that support Flash, including the Kindle Fire and Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet.
- SMART board compatible.